3rd Annual STEAMfest
November 06, 2019 10:00 am
Third Annual STEAMfest 2019
10:00am - 2:00pm
Beacon Hall Event Center, Room 214
Evening Session: November 6 & 7
Please Note: Yoga will be in Beacon Hall Room 117B.
For yoga on November 7th, Steve Mark will lead a gentle yoga session. Please bring your yoga mats (some mats may be available).
- An electric car exhibit will be in the courtyard
- Free reusable bags distributed to first 100 people of the day.
- Smoothies available at 10am.
- Experience what virtual reality is all about, learn about careers in ecology, the environment and with animals, play a newly released video game and then speak with the video game designer, get your blood pressure measured, stick your hand in the compost filled with worms, learn about sustainability, green products, solar panels and bees and honey, see 3-D demonstrations.
- Listen to discussions on organic gardening, the pollinator pathway, how to turn trash into beautiful art, micro plastics in our waterways, and watch a chef demonstrate healthy prep and cooking.
- Learn more about the legalization of cannabis in CT.
Coordinator: Professor Janet Yarrow.