HCC Foundation Scholarships
The Housatonic Community College Foundation is committed to the education of all its students. To this end, financial assistance is available for tuition and fees for academic achievement or financial aid as determined by the Scholarship Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors. The HCC Foundation Scholarship Office is located in Beacon Hall, room 281.
2019-2020 Spring and Winter Scholarships are closed.
Please check back in Mid-February for the Summer and Fall applications to open.
If awarded a Spring Scholarship the HCC Foundation Inc. agrees to pay for 12 credits during the Spring Semester at HCC.
HCCF Scholarship Applications
- Registered HCC student with HCC ID and student email address required
- First apply for financial aid for the current/latest academic year (required if applicable)
- International & Undocumented students eligible to apply
- Full-time or part-time students eligible to apply
- Students taking credit, non-credit, certificate courses and Continuing Ed programs may apply
- 2.3 GPA Minimum required (If you don’t meet the min, make your case in your essay)
- Transcripts needed for new or 1st semester students ONLY - upload your latest/last high school or college transcripts
- Latest Tax forms required - upload parents, guardian(s), & yours (instructions in application)
- Essay required - Answer: "Why do you need/deserve a scholarship?" (150min-600 words max - instructions in application)
- Letter of Recommendation required - 1 minimum, 2 suggested (one as a backup - instructions in application)
- It is the student's responsibility to follow-up with recommender to ensure the letter of recommendation is submitted
- It is the student's responsibility to complete and submit their application before the deadline date.
- Students should be in good academic and financial standing with the college.
- All instructions are written in detail throughout the application. (Please read everything.)
- All deadline dates are final - No exceptions
- There are four scholarship opportunities per year. Apply before each semester/find out if you are awarded before the first day of class.
- Awards are for HCC Classes - Scholarships are non-transferable to other semesters, people, or colleges (if not used, scholarship is invalid)
- HCCF scholarships do not cover online supplemental items such as online key codes, lab fees, tools, supplies or materials etc.
- Committee members may contact the recommenders if they have any questions/ checking for validity
- Students will be contacted via their HCC college email if they are awarded a scholarship
- These are need based scholarships – The committee reviews submitted applications - All decisions are final.
- Students who can receive 100% funding for classes through FAFSA, Pell Grant, or other HCC Grants, Do Not qualify for scholarships.
- Students with 70 credits or more, or a degree are ineligible for scholarships (Associates, Bachelors, or Masters).
It is the student's responsibility to ensure the letter of recommendation is submitted and that the application is complete before the deadline date. This is required in order for your application to be reviewed.
HCC Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
- Allison Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Burroughs Fund Scholarship
- Connecticut Women’s Forum Scholarship Fund
- Daphne Seybolt Culpepper Memorial Foundation
- Dr. Janis M. Hadley Scholarship Fund
- The Ernest & Joan Trefz Foundation Scholarship
- Elizabeth M. Pfriem Scholarship
- Eunice & David Bigelow Foundation Scholarship
- Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation Scholarship
- The Gene Haas Scholarship
- Gertrude Flicker Gould Educational Scholarship
- HCC’s Family Economic Security Program (FESP)
- Karen D. Torres Memorial Scholarship
- Kim Thibodeau Chiaraluce Scholarship
- Klein Family Foundation Fund
- Manufacturing Association of Southern Connecticut Inc. (MASC) Scholarship Fund
- Marguerite Sullivan Dunigan Scholarship Fund
- President Edward J. Liston Scholarship
- Richard E. Parent Memorial Scholarship
- The Bryant Family Scholarship
- The Eileen A. and Margaret J. Delaney Memorial Foundation
- The Mellen Foundation Scholarship
- The Mercy Learning Center “Mothers Advantage” Scholarship
- Near and Far Aid Scholarship
- William H.Pitt III Foundation Scholarship
*Apply for the Manufacturing scholarships in the Advance Manufacturing Program office. Contact Felisha Guirand at 203-332-5975, C107 in Lafayette Hall.
For More Info