How to Enable Java on
Explorer | Firefox
To do this, select the Tools - Internet Options menu within Internet Explorer, click on the Security tab, select the Internet Zone Icon, click Custom Level, scroll down to the Scripting section and select enable, on each of the Scripting options. Close your browser.
A packet of information sent by an HTTP server to a World-Wide Web browser This information is stored in a small text file and is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Internet Explorer is set up to allow the creation of cookies.
Click Tools on Internet Explorer >> Internet Options >> Security Setting >> Click Custom Level >> Cookies.
You can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so you can choose to allow or disallow the cookie; or you can prevent Internet Explorer from accepting any cookies.
If you are running Windows you can run the Windows updater as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools > Windows Update
- Once the page has loaded click on the "scan for updates" link.
This will check your system for required updates, if you have never done this it may take a while.
- Once the scan is complete the menu on the left side will display all the updates available for your computer.
- Click on "Critical Updates"
A list of critical updates will display on the right. These are the most important updates to review, although you may also want to review recommended updates.
- Select the critical updates, some of theses will have to be installed separately and usually you will have to reboot your computer afterwards.
To run the system updater:
- Go to the Apple Menu > Select 'System Preferences'
- Under 'System' > Select 'Software Update'
- Select 'Check fNow'
This will display a list of updates available for your system.
- Check the box next to all the updates which apply > Click 'Install Items'
- You system may need to be rebooted.