Get your degree sooner! Why not enroll in some of our summer courses?
If you've completed a FAFSA application for the 2019-2020 academic year and qualify for the Pell Grant, you can possibly be eligible to enroll in summer courses. Please visit the Financial Aid office to check your eligibility for summer aid.
HCC’s Federal Verification Process for 2020-2021
We have established a partnership with Inceptia to expedite the federal verification process. If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, you will receive an introductory email at the email address you provided on the FAFSA. If no email was provided, you will receive an introductory postcard. The postcard will have our school logo along with Inceptia’s, so you will know it is official. Please note, the deadline for submitting these documents is July 1, 2020. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the delay or denial of financial aid.
Update for Students with Financial Aid
Financial Aid awarding is underway and applications are processed in the order they were received. While Housatonic Community College accepts applications all year, in order to ensure priority consideration, your application should be completed by July 1, 2020.
- Financial Aid students should check their status in my.CommNet in mid-April, and complete any outstanding requirements to finalize their award.
- Financial Aid Students should track their my.CommNet.edu site to make sure a Financial Aid Award is on their account before registering for classes; if not, there is a payment plan option.
- Students should not register unless they are ready to make a payment at that time.
- You must complete your FAFSA form on the web! The website for 2020-2021 is www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will get your results back sooner by applying online.
- If you don’t already have a FSA ID, you can create one when logging into the FAFSA website and clicking the link "Create an FSA ID". You'll need a FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parents should also apply for a FSA ID so they can electronically sign your FAFSA.
- To apply for Financial Aid, you must complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA using your 2018 Federal Taxes and W2 form(s).
- The student as well as parents must have completed their 2018 Federal Tax returns.
- If you need assistance filing your application electronically, please call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at (800) 433-3243, or the Financial Aid Office at 203-332-5047.