Paying for Books
Financial aid students who have enough eligibility can purchase books to their account once all of their Financial Aid information is complete. Students may buy books and supplies at the college bookstore. Student Financial Aid can only be used at the bookstore located in Beacon Hall Rm. 137.
To start charging books on your Financial Aid account you will need to bring the following with you when you go to the bookstore:
- A copy of your class schedule
- PICTURE IDENTIFICATION (ID) WILL BE NECESSARY!! THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Can I use Financial Aid to Purchase Books?
- Two weeks prior to the start of the semester and two weeks after classes start.
Bookstore Purchasing Procedures
The purpose of Financial Aid is to assist students in meeting educational costs and other related expenses. It is possible that you may have to pay for some books if your Financial Aid Award is not enough. The bookstore will establish individual accounts for students.
The procedure for purchasing at the bookstore:
- You may only buy books and supplemental materials for courses that are listed on your registration form.
- Do not buy books for courses you are planning to add/drop.
- A reasonable amount of supplies may be purchased after all texts books have been purchased.
Items which may not be purchased during this time are:
- Cell phones, head phones, iPads and other small electronics are NOT CONSIDERED SUPPLIES.
- Items, which may be bought after all text books are purchased must be school related.
- UPass Transportation Pass.
- The bookstore cannot take back a book that has been "used"; for example, your name is written in it.
- Do not write in or on books until you are certain you will not change your program of study or your classes.
- If you have unspent money on your account, you will be issued a refund check midway through the semester.
Remember, only books returned in "perfect condition" will be accepted for return. Books marked in any way, are returned as "used" at considerable loss to you. Shrink-wrapped books must be returned in their original packaging.