Continuing & Professional Education Offering NCTI - Springfield Satellite Campus at HCC Bridgeport, CT
Begins Spring 2019! The Paramedic is an allied health professional whose primary focus is to provide advanced emergency medical care for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the complex knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Paramedics perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance. The paramedic is a link from the scene into the health care system. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of EMT exam, the final step towards certification as a Paramedic.
Anatomy and physiology is a required prerequisite. HCC offers a non-credit 42-hour anatomy and physiology course that meets this requirement.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card prior to the first day of class.
- Applicant must possess health insurance.
- Applicant must complete a background check to include drug screen.
- Applicant must provide proof of required immunizations and/or titer.
- Applicant must complete required TB testing prior to attending clinical or field internship rotations.
- Applicants must be an EMT or an Advanced EMT.