10:00am - 2:00pm
Beacon Hall Event Center, Room 214
- An electric car exhibit will be in the courtyard
- Free reusable bags distributed to first 100 people of the day.
- Smoothies available at 10am.
- Experience what virtual reality is all about, learn about careers in ecology, the environment and with animals, play a newly released video game and then speak with the video game designer, get your blood pressure measured, stick your hand in the compost filled with worms, learn about sustainability, green products, solar panels and bees and honey, see 3-D demonstrations.
- Listen to discussions on organic gardening, the pollinator pathway, how to turn trash into beautiful art, micro plastics in our waterways, and watch a chef demonstrate healthy prep and cooking.
- Learn more about the legalization of cannabis in CT.
Coordinator: Professor Janet Yarrow.
Wednesday November 6th
10:30am Alexandria Wallace-Currie on beekeeping, local honey, pollinator pathway
11:00am Artist Daniel Lanzilotta on turning trash to art
11:30am Analiese Paik, Sustainne CEO on bringing sustainability into your life
12:30pm Educational Discussion on Cannabis Legalization in Ct.
5:00pm Readings of original work focused on climate change in the Performing Arts Center.
Thursday, November 7th
10am Analiese Paik, Sustainne CEO on sustainability
10:30am Artist Daniel Lanzilotta on turning trash to art
11:00am Chef Raquel demos healthy food cooking
12:30pm Dina Brewster, organic farmer discusses organic farming
1:00pm Sikorsky: Creating energy efficient products, reducing pollution and hiring for green jobs.
1:30pm Video game designer on how to become a video game designer
5:00pm Yoga (Room TBD)
Evening Session: November 6, 5:00pm
Performing Arts Center
Theater Arts alum, Kevin Green and his partner members of Black Revolutionary Theatre Workshop for an evening of readings of original works focused on Climate Change. Some dramatic, some comedic, some outright frightening in their realistic possibility, all critically relevant to our examination of climate change and its effect on us all, big and small.
Performances begins at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 6, approximately 45 minutes. The event will include a post-performance Round Table Discussion. Dinner provided for those who attend.
Evening Session: November 7, 5:00pm
Beacon Hall 117B
Prof Steven Mark will lead a gentle yoga session. Please bring your yoga mats ( some yoga mats are available).
The Second Annual STEAMfest was held November 7-8, 2018
The STEAMfest 2-day event included:
• Guest keynote speaker, Dr. Marie Robert from Yale School of Medicine
• Alumni and Student Panel
• STEAM Interactive Demonstrations
• Student Research Presentations & Posters
• STEAM College Fair