Welcome to Housatonic Community College's Counseling & Wellness Center!
The Counseling and Wellness Center is dedicated to encouraging and assisting all students to achieve their maximum academic, career and personal development. The goal is to promote health education and wellness for our entire campus community, and to assist students in reaching their college and career goals.
- Counselors are available to assist students with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress management, and more via short-term counseling and referral to community services.
- Counselors also promote several wellness initiatives each semester, including stress management, substance abuse assessment, and suicide prevention, information on family planning and safe sex practices and current health education brochures, pamphlets and internet references on health related issues.
- Counselors also develop programs related to student wellness in collaboration with other departments and outside agencies. The themes include prevention of alcohol and drug abuse, depression, mindful eating, exercise, nutrition, sleep and resources to stay healthy among many others.
Our services include:
- establishing or clarifying educational and career goals
- supporting students as they transition from high school to college
- exploring academic or personal barriers to succeed
- addressing behavioral issues and crisis prevention
- engaging and teaching coping skills to students
- providing short-term personal counseling support
- helping students make effective academic and personal decisions
- assisting students on academic suspension or probation
- assessing needs and providing accommodations for students with disabilities through the Accessibility Services Office