All you need is a U-Pass CT and your student ID to ride buses and trains in Connecticut. Get where you need to go without having to pay a fare!


Get Your U-Pass Today!

The UPass is available to both full and part time credit undergraduate students at the colleges and universities taking at least one class per semester on campus.

  1. The fall semester UPass covers August 1 - December 31, 2018. The spring semester UPass covers January 1 - July 30, 2019.
  2. Each student is charged $20 per semester for the pass. The transportation fee is considered an institutional charge so financial aid may be applied.
  3. System office will get the passes to each school by August 1 and December 15 for distribution prior to the start of the term.
  4. Students must have a valid student ID to show along with their pass when using the transportation systems. Students can use the unlimited semester pass to travel within the state on rail or bus including CTtransit and CTfastrak, but excluding Amtrak.
  5. Student fees, which include the transportation fee, are generally non-refundable.

For more information contact the Bursar Office: LH- 123B, Phone: 203-332-5008

Participating Colleges and Universities

  • Asnuntuck Community College, Enfield
  • Capital Community College, Hartford
  • Gateway Community College, New Haven
  • Housatonic Community College, Bridgeport
  • Manchester Community College, Manchester
  • Middlesex Community College, Middletown
  • Norwalk Community College, Norwalk
  • Three Rivers Community College, Norwich
  • Tunxis Community College, Farmington
  • Central CT State University, New Britain
  • Southern CT State University, New Haven
  • University of Connecticut, Hartford
  • University of Connecticut, Stamford
  • University of Connecticut, Storrs
  • University of Connecticut, Waterbury
  • University of Saint Joseph, West Hartford
  • Western Connecticut State University, Danbury

Conditions of Use

  1. U-Pass CT valid for use by students enrolled at participating colleges & universities. Eligibility to obtain a U-Pass is determined by the college or university.
  2. U-Pass CT is valid for unlimited rides on local & express buses in Connecticut, CTfastrak, Shore Line East, Hartford Line, in-state New Haven Line services, and Amtrak trains operating between New Haven / Springfield (except Vermonter Trains 54, 55, 56 & 57). Not valid on private inter-city bus carriers or on other Amtrak routes.
  3. This pass is not refundable or transferable.
  4. Valid student ID from participating college or university must be shown to bus operator, conductor or fare inspector at time of use.
  5. Do not fold, bend, or place near magnet. Lost, stolen or destroyed passes should be reported to issuing school.
  6. U-Pass CT valid for the period printed on the face of the pass..

How to Use

Have your U-Pass and valid student ID ready when you board any of these services.

  • CTtransit statewide** (including CTtransit Express and CTfastrak)
  • CTrail Hartford Line trains between New Haven and Springfield, including Amtrak trains except the Vermonter (trains 54, 55, 56 and 57)
  • CTrail Shore Line East trains. Not valid for shoreline Amtrak trains.
  • CTrail New Haven Line (Metro-North) trains in Connecticut up to the state border. Not valid for travel to NY or on shoreline Amtrak trains.
  • Greater Bridgeport Transit
  • Housatonic Area Regional Transit
  • Magic Carpet
  • Middletown Area Transit
  • Milford Transit
  • 9 Town Transit
  • Northwestern CT Transit District
  • Norwalk Transit
  • South East Area Transit
  • Windham Region Transit District
  • **It is NOT accepted on the I-Bus Express from Stamford to White Plains.

Need information on bus and rail services in Connecticut? Contact CTrides at ctrides.com or 877-CTrides