Academic Support Center
The mission of the Academic Support Center (ASC) is to provide a full service tutoring experience that cultivates student success. By fostering a supportive environment, the ASC strives to inspire students at every level of preparedness to advance, to excel, and to reach their fullest potential.
The ASC is comprised of a collaborative group of dedicated educators who strive to enhance the learning experience, and academic and professional achievement of HCC students through comprehensive services, which include:
- Center for Academic Progress (CAP)
Provides tutoring and course support for intensive classes.
- Tutoring Center
Provides one-on-one on-campus tutoring, and live online tutoring in most subject areas.
- Writing Center (WC)
Provides email and one-on-one live online tutoring in all subject areas.
Schedule An Appointment
In fall 2020, academic support services are available both in person and online. Tutoring services are now available in four options, Live Online Tutoring, In-person Tutoring (On Campus), Email Tutoring, and E-tutoring.
- Click here: https://housatonic.accudemia.net/login and follow the steps below:
- Go to https://housatonic.accudemia.net/login and log in using your BannerID and password (Tutoring2020).
- Make an appointment with a tutor.
- Click New appointment
- Choose your center (ASC or CAP) and choose your service (Writing Center - Email Tutoring, Writing Center - Online Live Tutoring, STEM - On-Campus Tutoring, STEM - Online Live Tutoring)
- Choose your course
- Choose an appointment time
- Once your appointment is made, if it is live online, you need to plan to be online at your computer or phone for that time. A tutor will email before your appointment with instructions.
- When it is time for your appointment, a tutor will contact you at your Housatonic Student Email address. For online tutoring you MUST use your Housatonic Student email address (for example ).
- For all questions about tutoring, please email Jiyan Bedawi
Online Tutoring: Anywhere, Anytime... Learn More!
Housatonic Community College, in collaboration with the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium (CTDLC), has partnered with www.etutoringonline.org.
- Writing - All Subjects including Graduate-level Writing
- Math (from the developmental level through Pre-Calculus)
- Calculus I and I I
- Anatomy & Physiology
To create a student account and for further information go to http://www.etutoringonline.org.
Academic Support Center Staff
|Kofi Adomako-Ayisi||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP English)||203-332-8503|
|Jiyan Bedawi||Clerk Typist||203-332-5019|
|Aliss Obeid||Tutoring Coordinator||203-332-5992|
|Andrew Pelletier||Center for Academic Progress (CAP) Coordinator||203-332-8516|
|Kevin Redmond||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP Math)||203-332-8527|
|Karyn Smith||Coordinator of the Writing Center||203-332-5133|
|Marianne Tecun||Director of Academic Support Center||203-332-5139|
|Hyoja Tully||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP Math)||203-332-8579|
The Academic Support Newsletter