To be eligible you will need the following:
- Enrolled in the program HCC's Italy and Greece program. Click here to enroll.
- 18 years of age or older
- A current part-time or full-time student enrolled at HCC at the time of award.
- In good standing with the college
- In good financial account standing with EF College Study payments
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a Faculty member emailed to Professor Ortiz
- Complete Humanities 119 Scholarship Application.
Option #1 Merit Scholarship Grant
Mini reflection essay (use the provided application link above to complete your essay).)
This year, our world has witnessed a lot of change, uncertainty, and challenge. Our belief is that travel has the ability to open the world and that the world is better when people try to understand one another. In 400-500 words or less, describe how you view the importance of future travel amidst COVID-19 and the current state of our world.
Option #2 Diversity and Equity Grant
Mini reflection essay (use the provided application link above to complete your essay)
Diversity can be defined, but not limited to, the inclusion of individuals who exhibit differences in ethnicity, culture, orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, gender, age, ability, experience and thought. In 400-500 words or less describe what diversity means to you and how your identity has impacted your desire to study abroad.
The awards will range from $500 to $1500. You may apply to both, but only 1 will be awarded if selected.