Textbook Lending Library for Continuing Education students at Housatonic Community College
Made possible by generous support from The Scripps Family Fund for Education and the Arts
Housatonic Community College prides itself on being an “open door” to any individual seeking higher education and vocational learning. The Textbook Lending Library was designed to ensure access and opportunity to HCC’s valuable learning environment by assisting students in obtaining required textbooks for Continuing Education courses that would otherwise be cost-prohibitive.
Who is eligible? Students with the highest unmet financial need, including students who do not qualify for other types of aid including federal and state aid. Students participating in WIOA, who are financially unable to purchase books, are eligible for the Textbook Lending Library.
Additionally, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current Housatonic Community College student enrolled in a Continuing Education class.
- Must be in good standing at HCC.
- Must demonstrate financial need on the application below.
Textbook Lending Library Borrowing Policies
- Your request for a textbook must be received via the digital application below. The HCC Foundation has a rapid review process and will email the status of your request within 5 days or less.
- You may request up to two (2) books per semester to loan.
- As resources are limited, textbooks are loaned out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If books are not returned you will be placed on a lending hold. The hold will be removed once books are returned; and you will be able to request books the following quarter.
Student Pick-up and Return Process and Procedures
- Lending Library textbooks can be picked up in the offices of Continuing Education, located on the first floor of Beacon Hall.
- Students must bring a form of identification. (Student ID, License, Passport, etc.)
- Face mask/face covering must be worn at all times.
- Only students (and minors/wards in their care) will be allowed to line up to retrieve their materials.
- Prior to receiving any loaner books, all overdue books must be returned and/or fines paid before receiving another loaner book.
- Books must be returned within a week after completing your class, to the offices of Continuing Education, located on the first floor of Beacon Hall.
The Textbook Lending Library is exclusively for students enrolled in a Continuing Education Course.
Please complete the following questions to be considered for the Textbook Lending Library.Click Here To Complete Form